7 August 2015
- Tractors. Yes, it’s le moisson and the combines are out-
- 100% homegrown dinners.
- Fluffy chicks –
- Planning girls only holidays to the beach.
- Suno’s bad foot –
- Feeling overwhelmed! Too many ideas, not enough time.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Electric shocks from the fencing – ouch.
28th July 2015
- Community spirit.
- Listening to the Isley Brothers singing summer breeze, reminding me that I want to plant jasmine.
- The insane granny pleasure of arranging flowers cut from the garden.
- Dresses. We don’t get much of a chance to be girly out here and so my marathon charity shopping in Ingerland has us beautifully furnished with a whole new wardrobe of pretty things to flounce around the garden in.
- Rain. The garden’s happy.
- Listening to the foxes mating calls and thinking of all those hungry cubs to be.
- The extreme drop in temperature – bah, when are we going to wear those dresses ?
- Rain. Personally, I prefer a bit of sun.
21st July 2015
- Cactus dahlias
- Party preparation & disco tunes.
- Cooking outdoors, eating outdoors, sleeping outdoors. OUTDOORS!
- That it was Paul that dug up the parsnips and not me – phew says Hal.
One man’s meat is another man’s poison! Thanks Karen.
- ‘ti ponch hangovers….. neat rum with fresh lime and raw cane sugar….and that’s all…..lots of rum.
- Clean soft hands and nails without mud underneath them – a sure sign that not enough gardening has been done this week!
- Kittens that want to play in the middle of the night.
27 October 2015
- Getting back on it – 3 months since we last what’s hot, what’s notted?!
- Making a ratatouille entirely from the garden at the end of October.
- Chickens rootling in the autumn leaves
- Caravan conversions – rooms of our own
WHAT’S NOT –
- Spending 2 hours preparing spicy roast quince and then forgetting they are in the oven.
- Muddy footprints.
- Daylight saving time. How does being given an extra hour in the morning make up for losing an hour in the evening???
17th November 2015
- Wood fires
- Hot choc & whiskey…… whiskey & Ginger……whiskey…….single malt whiskey
- Winter bath thoughts
- Garden planning for 2016 😊
- Winter blues
- The end of the goat milk
- Too much choice for the 2016 garden